Colds and flu season is upon us. For many it’s an utterly dreaded time of year for this reason. But it doesn’t have to be. You probably think that it’s only a matter of time before you catch something. But really, it’s a matter of whether your immune system can hack all the germs that are present every day.
Elderberries and Rosehips are amazing anti-virals. They are full of Vitamin C and help your immune system stay at the top of it’s game. Elderberry was even shown to be more effective than the Tamiflu vaccine was for the swine flu epidemic.
Elderberry and Rosehip Rob
- Sieve/jam strainer
- Elderberries (fresh or frozen) 500g
- Rosehip (fresh or frozen) 500g
- Ginger (fresh) 15g
- 18 cloves
- 2 star anise
- Add water to cover berries with the spices, bring to the boil and simmer for 60mins then strain out the berries.
- To every pint of liquid you have add 1kilo sugar or 2 of honey/agave nectar.
- Heat till sugar has melted then bottle into sterilised bottles.
- Store in a cool dry place once opened. Should last a few years.
By Natasha Richardson
Disclaimer: Please don’t use any herbs featured on this website for medicinal reasons without contacting your health practitioner first.