You will need:
- 2 teaspoons of Slippery elm powder
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 3 cardamon pods
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- Mix the slippery elm powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence and turmeric powder in the bottom of a cup.
- Add a little almond milk and mix into a smoothe paste (I blitzed it together in my nutri bullet)
- Warm the rest of the almond milk with the cardamon pods in on the hob till it steams.
- Add the warm milk to the cold paste and blend till smoothe (again, I use a nutr bullet for this).
This is great before each meal to protect the oesphagus before eating. The anti-inflammatory properties of hte turmeric will help to heal the oesophagus and the slippery elm will coat it and protect it from the after-effects of what you're about to eat.